When sales decline, agents look for ways to trim pennies – but it’s not always a smart move to cut back on some expenses. Consider how it could impact business.
NEW YORK – In market slowdowns, real estate agents need ways to save money without negatively impacting business growth.
- Buy a coffeemaker to cut back on the time and expense of going out for coffee.
- Invest in a reliable document management system. It will eliminate paper and printing costs – and it’s good for the environment.
- Use creative promotions, like a “free seminar for first-time homebuyers (or sellers).” Also look for co-marketing partnerships working with other local businesses.
- Negotiate necessary expenses, such as brokerage fees, multiple listing service fees and marketing costs. Shop around, compare prices and negotiate with all vendors to get the best possible terms.
- Take advantage of free and inexpensive online resources, like apps and tools.
- Network strategically. Attend the events most likely to lead to potential clients and business partners.
Source: Inman (03/22/23) Davis, Darryl
© Copyright 2023 INFORMATION INC., Bethesda, MD (301) 215-4688